Scriptures Concerning The Holy
Or The Holy Spirit In The Lives of Christian Found In the Epistles
- Romans 5:8, The free gift.
- Romans 7:6, Newness of spirit.
- Romans 8:1, Walk not after the flesh but after the spirit.
- Romans 8:2, The spirit of life in Christ Jesus, made me free
from sin and death.
- Romans 8:4, Who walked not after the flesh but after the spirit.
- Romans 8:5, They that are after the spirit, the things of
- Romans 8:6, To be spiritually minded is life and peace.
- Romans 8:9, Not in the flesh if the spirit of God dwells in
- If any man have not the spirit of Christ or, holy ghost,
he is not of his.
- Romans 8:10, If Christ be in you, the body is dead because
of sin, the spirit of life because of righteousness.
- Romans 8:11, If the spirit of him that raised up Jesus from
the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead
shall also quicken your mortal body by his spirit that dwelleth
- Romans 8:13, Through the spirit = Holy Ghost.
- Romans 8:15, The spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba Father
- speaking with tongues.
- Romans 8:16, The holy spirit, bearing witness with our spirit.
- Romans 8:23, First fruits of the spirit, or, Holy Ghost.
- Romans 8:26,27, The spirit helpeth our infirmities.
- The spirit makes intercession for us.
- Romans 8:37, More than conquerors through Christ, or spirit
of Christ, or Holy Ghost.
- Romans 12:11, Fervent in the spirit.
- Romans 14:17, The kingdom on God is righteousness, peace and
joy in the holy ghost.
- Through the power of the Holy Ghost.
- Romans 15:16, Being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
- Romans 15:19, Signs and wonders by the power and spirit of
God. Acts 1:8.
- I Corinthians 1:24, Christ the power of God. Acts 1:8.
- I Corinthians 1:29-31, The born again experience. John 3:5-7;
Acts 1:8; Acts 2:38-41
- I Corinthians 2:4, Demonstration of the spirit and power.
- I Corinthians 2:10, Revealed by his spirit. The spirit
searcheth all things.
- I Corinthians 2:11, The spirit of God, or the holy ghost.
- I Corinthians 2:12, The spirit which is of God.
- I Corinthians 2:13, The holy ghost teacheth, comparing spiritual
things with spiritual.
- I Corinthians 2:14, The carnal man receiveth not the things
of the spirit of God, neither can know them because they are spiritually
discerned. See Romans 8:1-6.
- I Corinthians 2:15,16, We have the mind of Christ through
the holy ghost.
- I Corinthians 6:11, Ye are washed, sanctified, and justified
in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the spirit of our God - John
3:5; Acts 2:38.
- I Corinthians 6:14, Raise up us by his own power, holy ghost.
- I Corinthians 6:17, He that is joined unto the Lord is one
spirit - Christ in You, the hope of glory.
- I Corinthians 6:19, Your body is the temple of the holy ghost
which is in you, which you have of God.
- I Corinthians 12:3, No man can say that Jesus is the Lord,
but by the holy ghost - See Romans 8:9.
- I Corinthians 4:11, By the same spirit. You are not
a candidate for one of the gifts of the spirit unless you have
the holy ghost - or, holy spirit, or spirit of Christ, or spirit
of God, all of which are the same. See John 4:24.
- I Corinthians 12:13, By one spirit are we Baptized in one
- Have been all made to drink into one spirit.
- I Corinthians 15:43, Raised in power.
- I Corinthians 15:45, The last Adam, a quickening spirit -
See Romans 8:11.
- I Corinthians 15:57, Thanks be unto God which giveth us the
victory through our Lord Jesus Christ, or, Christ
- II Corinthians 2:22, Who hath also sealed us, and given the
earnest of the spirit in our hearts.
- II Corinthians 3:3, With the spirit of the living God.
- II Corinthians 3:6, Who hath made us able ministers of the
new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit; for the letter
killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
- II Corinthians 3:8,9, The ministration of the spirit be rather
- II Corinthians 3:17, 18, Now the Lord is that spirit; and
where the spirit of the Lord is there is liberty but we all with
open face, beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are
changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the
spirit of the Lord. We are changed from glory to glory by the
spirit of God, which is the Holy Ghost.
- II Corinthians 4:7, We have this treasure in earthen vessels,
that the excellency of the power may be of God and not of us.
- II Corinthians 4:13,14, We have the same spirit of faith,
See Romans 10:8 word of faith, the word is spirit and life.
The word is God John 1:1 and John 1:14 the word was made flesh.
- II Corinthians 4:16, The inward man is renewed day by day.
The oil can leak out if we fail to pray and live right. - Example:
the five foolish virgins, they once had oil in their lamps.
- II Corinthians 5:5, Who hath also given unto us the earnest
of the spirit.
- II Corinthians 6:6, By the holy Ghost.
- II Corinthians 6:7, By the power of God - Acts 1:8.
Power after the holy ghost is come upon you. II Corinthians
13:14, The communion of the Holy Ghost. Thank God I can
have communion with the holy ghost.
- Galations 3:1-14, Compare to Romans 10:8-15 - The word of
- Galations 2:20, Christ liveth in me. We receive the
holy ghost by faith. Hebrews 11:6 Without faith it
is impossible to please him; for he that cometh to God must believe
that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently
seek him. Matthew 5:6 they that hunger and thirst after
righteousness shall be filled. Luke 11:13 How much more
shall your heavenly father give the holy ghost to them that ask
him. Romans 10:1-13 The word of faith is neigh you.
- Galations 3:14, That the blessings of Abraham might come on
the Gentiles, through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the
promise of the spirit through faith. - See Luke 24:49. And
behold I send the promise of my father upon you: but tarry
ye in Jerusalem, until ye be indued with power from on high Acts
1:8; Acts 2:1-4.
- Galations 4:5-7, God has sent forth the spirit of his son
into your hearts, crying, Abba father - speaking with tongues.
When a baby is born it cries at birth, or it is dead. We
speak in tongues at spiritual birth. Romans 8:15; Mark 14:36.
- Galations 5:5, For we through the spirit wait for the hope
of righteousness through faith.
- Galations 5:6, Walk in the spirit and ye shall not fulfill
the lust of the flesh.
- Galations 5:17, The flesh lusteth against the spirit and they
are contrary to one another.
- Galations 5:18, If we be led of the spirit we are not under
- Galations 5:25, If we live in the spirit let us also walk
in the spirit.
- Galations 6:8, He that soweth to the flesh shall of the flesh
reap corruption; but he that soweth to the spirit shall of the
spirit reap life everlasting.
- Galations 6:15, In Christ neither circumcision availeth anything,
nor uncircumcised, but a new creature. Old things are passed
away and all things are become new.
- Ephesians 1:12,13, In whom ye also trusted, after that ye
heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom
also after ye believe, ye were sealed with that holy spirit of
promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance. See Romans
- Ephesians 1:19, What is the exceeding greatness of his power,
according to the working of his mighty power.
- Ephesians 2:6, In heavenly places in Christ Jesus, verse
7 Through Christ Jesus.
- Ephesians 2:8, By grace are ye saved through faith: and that
not of yourself, it is the gift of God. John 3:5; Acts 1:8;
- Ephesians 2:13, But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were
far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. Acts 2:38;
- Ephesians 2:18, Through him we both have access by one spirit
unto the father. We have access to God through the holy
- Ephesians 2:22, In whom ye also are builded together for a
habitation of God through the spirit.
- Ephesians 3:5, Which in other ages was not made known
unto the sons of men, as is now revealed unto his holy apostles
and prophets by the spirit. Or holy ghost.
- Ephesians 3:7, I was made a minister, according to the gift
of the grace of God given unto me, by the effectual working of
his power. See Acts 1:8.
- Ephesians 3:12, By the faith of him. See Romans 10:8
the word of faith which we preach.
- Ephesians 3:16, That he would grant you according to the riches
of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his spirit in
the inner man.
- Ephesians 3:17, That Christ may dwell in your house by faith
that ye be rooted and grounded in love.
- Ephesians 3:20, Unto him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly
above all that we ask or think according to the power that worketh
in us. See Acts 1:8; Acts 2:4. & Romans 10:8.
- Ephesians 4:3, Endeavoring to keep the unity of the spirit
in the bond of peace,
- Ephesians 4:4, There is one body and one spirit, even as ye
are called in one hope of your calling. One
Lord, One faith, One baptism, One God and Father of all who is
above all, and through all and in you all.
- Ephesians 4:30, Grieve not the holy spirit of God, whereby
ye are sealed unto the holy ghost.
- Ephesians 5:18, Be filled with the spirit.
- Ephesians 6:17, the sword of the spirit.
- Ephesians 6:18, Praying always with all prayer and supplication
in the spirit.
- Philippians 3:3, We are the circumcision which worshipped
God in the spirit.
- Philippians 3:10, That I may know him, and the power of his
- Colossians 1:8, Your love in the spirit.
- Colossians 1:27, Christ in you the hope of glory. The
holy ghost is our hope of glory.
- I Thess. 1:5, For our gospel came not unto you in word only,
but also in power, and in the holy ghost. See Acts 1:8.
- I Thess. 1:6, With joy of the holy ghost.
- II Timothy 1:7, God hath not given us the spirit of fear;
but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
- II Timothy 1:14, Kept by the holy ghost which dwelleth in
- Titus 3:5, Not by works of righteousness which we have done,
but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration,
and renewing of the holy ghost. Jesus said, without me ye
can do nothing. The holy ghost is Christ in you, the hope
- Hebrews 3:7, The holy ghost saith, today if you will hear
- Hebrews 6:4-6, For it is impossible for those who were once
enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gifts, and were made
partakers of the holy ghost, and have tasted the good word of
God, and the powers of the world to come, if they shall fall away,
to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucified to
themselves the son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
This means if a person falls back into unbelief and perdition,
after experiencing all God has for him. You can't blaspheme
the holy ghost if you never had the holy ghost. But if we
willfully go back into perdition and say that there is nothing
to the holy ghost and the power of God, then there is no hope
for us, seeing we crucify the son of God afresh.
- Hebrews 8:8, The holy ghost, this signifying that the way
into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest while as the
first tabernacle was yet standing.
- Hebrews 10:14-16, For by one offering he hath perfected forever
them that are sanctified. Whereby the holy ghost also is witness
to us: for after he had said before, this is the covenant I will
make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my
laws in their hearts and in their minds will I write them.
We are sanctified by the holy ghost.
- I Peter 1:22, Seeing you have purified your souls in obeying
the truth, through the holy spirit unto unfeigned love of the
- I Peter 3:18, Quickened by the spirit.
- II Peter 1:21, The old testament prophets spake as they were
moved by the holy ghost.
- I John 4:13, Hereby we know that we dwell in him and he in
us, because he hath given us of his spirit. This is how
we know we are in Christ when we are filled with the holy Ghost.
- Jude 1-19, These are people who claim to have the spirit,
claim to be saints and are not. Having not the spirit verse 19.
Verse 20 But ye beloved building up yourselves on your most holy
faith, praying in the holy ghost. All of the apostles taught
the necessity of the holy ghost for salvation. The Epistles
are written to people who had already received the holy ghost.
These churches were established in the book of Acts.
- I Peter 1:5 - Acts 1:8, Kept by the power of God.
- I Peter 1:12, Preach the gospel unto you, with the holy ghost
sent down from heaven.
- John 4:23,24, But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true
worshipers shall worship the father in spirit and in truth; for
the father seeketh such to worship him. God is a spirit:
and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Romans 8: 8,9, So then they that are in the flesh cannot please
God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the spirit,
if so be that the spirit of God dwell in you, now if any
man have not the spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
The holy ghost is the spirit of Christ, John 14:16-18. John
14:26,27; John 16:7-14. The holy ghost is absolutely necessary